German International Abitur / Deutsches Internationales Abitur
GISNY is the only school in the tri-state area that confers the prestigious German International Abitur / Deutsches Internationales Abitur, an honors level diploma, to its graduates (along with a US high school diploma). Pursuit of the DIA is a unique, educational experience that equips students for further study in the US and abroad.
Join the Upper School Coordinator in a discussion on this degree and why it is an indication of academic excellence to colleges and universities all over the world. This information evening is open to parents of students in any grade.
Topics to be covered include:
- Learn the concepts that underpin the DIA.
- Explore the values and ways of thinking that the DIA inspires.
- Hear how the DIA influences the curriculum at GISNY.
- Get a top-level overview of the exams and assessments associated with this degree.
- Learn about the NYS high school diploma.
Speakers will be:
- Oliver Frühwein, Assistant Head of School & Teacher: Mathematics, Physics
- Stefan Alberti, Upper School Coordinator & Head of Music Department
- Kim Ge, College Adviser
The next DIA info evening will be held in the school year 2021/22. Exact date tbd.